About The Practice
Nick Castle MSc (Ost), BSc (Hons) Sports and Musculoskeletal Osteopath, Graduate Sports Rehabilitator is the Owner and Clinical director of Nick Castle Osteopathy & Sports Medicine Clinics.
Please see below for more information on available treatments.
- Osteopathy - Hands on manual therapy taking into account spinal alignment and soft tissues, sometimes including manipulation (clicking) of the joints if necessary.
- Medical Acupuncture - The insertion of needles directly into muscle (usually into a myofascial trigger point), with the aim of reducing pain and increasing movement and enhancing everyday function. Although Acupuncture needles are used, this is strictly not Acupuncture and is not based on TCM or Acupuncture methods.
- Exercise Rehabilitation - Exercise is sometimes the best form of treatment for a soft tissue injury or prevention of musculo-skeletal dysfunction. Corrective Exercise is sometimes used either during the session or as a Home Exercise Programme.
- Pilates - Sometimes the use of Pilates is used during or after treatment. Pilates was created by Joeseph Pilates and is used widley in physical therapy and rehabilitation all around the world.
- Kinesio Tex Tape - was developed by Dr. Kenzo Kase in 1973 and he subsequently brought this to the UK in 2004. It is designed to relax tired or overused muscles as a therapy or stimulate weak or underused muscles. It effectively works as an extra treatment, in between treatments! It is commonly seen amongst professional athletes including football, tennis, rugby and athletics.
To find out more or to arrange an appointment with us please call us on 0207 354 0799 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.